The organising committee invites the students and researchers working on folk performing arts and interested to attend the conference on Evolution of Tradition on 10-11 January 2019, Kolkata
- KnIDS has been entrusted to undertake evaluation of the ODF programme under Swachh Bharat Mission for the two blocks of Birbhum District, West Bengal. The work is under progress.
- STI and Make in India: Promoting Manufacturing at District Level. A Unique initiative by KnIDS as knowledge partner of Administrative Staff College of India, under DST supported ASPIRE programme. The initiative aims at developing a blue print for reinventing District Industries Centre (DIC) for industrialization of districts in the spirit of Make in India. Under the initiative workshops are held at the state levels with the DICs and other state govt departments and stakeholders. Also a questionnaire based study on present status of DICs were undertaken for these states. Available reports are on Sikkim, Assam, and West Bengal. Read Report
- KnIDS has been entrusted to create the Dashboard presentation of the information and data generated through the First National Innovation Survey, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The task titled Dashboard on National Innovation Survey: Making data information accessible. The work has been completed in collaboration with Live for Lives, and submitted to DST. The dashboard would be accessible through DST website.
- Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India has entrusted KnIDS to partner in its major initiative on understanding Innovation dynamics and ecosystem prevalent in Indian industries. At present KnIDS is engaged in a research project on ‘Organisational practices for innovation in Indian industries: A firm level case study on human resources and work culture’. The project is funded by DST. Read Report
- KnIDS is associated with the Centre for Culture, Media and Governance (CCMG), Jamia Milia University for research activities in Media studies. Both print and electronic media are being singularly most influential actors in the public and civil society. KnIDS has partnered CCMG in research activities in this area.
- Dr. Amitava Hazra received best paper award for his paper “Technological Competence and Policy Initiatives – Case Study of Pharmaceutical Industry of India”, presented in the International Conference on Innovation Policy and Development in Asia, 29-30 July, 2013, New Delhi, organised by Asian Society of Innovation and Policy.
- A study on the prospect of Food Processing Industry in North and North-eastern Regions of India was undertaken in collaboration with University of Essex Southend, Princess Caroline House, 1 High Street, Southend-on-Sea, Essex. United Kingdom.
- The Centre had undertaken a study on Innovations in Indian Gems and Jewellary Industry for Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The report was submitted to DST and the same is available in the DST website.
- Members of the Centre presented papers in national and international conferences on developmental issues from the perspectives of science, technology and innovations for marginal economies. One important area of work by the members of the Centre is on information, communication and development of rural and marginal economies; relative efficacies of market and non-market mechanisms for development etc.